JEE Mains Notification:
JEE Mains Notification 2023 applications for January (Session-1) April (Session-2)
The JEE Main online application window for January 2023 examination opening from Dec 15th 2022. The candidates who wish to appear for the JEE Main January 2023 examination can apply for the same through the official website – jeemain.nic.in.
The candidates need to register on the website first using their name, date-of-birth, mobile number, email address etc. The candidates should note down the username and password created. The same can be used by the students for future login.
The last date to apply for the JEE Main 15th Dec 2022 examination is Jan 24th to Jan 31, 2023. The last date to pay the application fee online is Jan 12, 2023, 11.50 PM.
The JEE Main Jan 2023 examination will be conducted for two papers – Paper 1 for BE/B.Tech admissions and Paper 2 for B.Arch/ B.Planning. The candidates can appear for with one paper or for both papers.
The JEE Main (session-2) April 2023 examination will be held from April, 2023. The results of the examination will be announced by Apr/May , 2023.
JEE Mains January 2023:
National Testing Agency (NTA) will be conducting first attempt of JEE Main(session -1) 2023 between Jan 24 to 31, 2023 and (session-2) April, 2023. in eight different slots. Candidates may keep track of the JEE Main 2023 Jan important dates to avoid missing any event.
The important dates of JEE Main 2023 consist start and end date of the application process, issue of admit card, result announcement and more of Jan attempt. Candidates can go through the full article to check the JEE Main important dates 2023 for Jan exams:
JEE Mains Important Dates Jan 2023
The National Testing Agency (NTA) has declared the JEE Main 2023 Jan Examination dates. As per the notification released on the official website of the exam – jeemain.nta.nic.in – the examination for JEE Main 2023 will be conducted between Jan 24, 2023, to Jan 31, 2023.
|Online availability of application form||Dec 15, 2022|
|Last date of online application form submission and uploading of scanned images||Jan 12, 2023|
|Admit Card availability||3rd week of Jan, 2023|
|Exam Date (session-1)||Jan 24, 25, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 2023|
|Exams Date (Session-2)||—|
|Answer Key and OMR sheets||Feb 2023|
|Answer Key challenge acceptance||Feb 2023|
|JEE Main Result||Feb 2023|
|All India Ranks declaration||Feb, 2023|
JEE Main 2023 Admit Cards Available Soon (session-1)
JEE Main 2021 Results (session-April)
JEE Main 2023 Admit Card Dates – Candidates can download their JEE Main 2023 admit card for Jan attempt from Jan 3rd week onwards.
JEE Main 2023 Result Dates – NTA will announce the result JEE Main 2023 for the First attempt on Jan 2023. The scores obtained by the candidate will be mentioned in the result.
Check the JEE Mains 2023 exam pattern for paper-1 and paper-2 from here:
- Courses: The paper-1 of JEE Main 2023 will be conducted for admission to undergraduate engineering courses.
- Exam Mode: The examination will be held through online mode.
- Subjects: JEE Main Paper 1 will contain questions from chemistry, physics and mathematics subjects.
- Number of Questions: It will contain total 90 objective type questions. Weightage to all subjects are given equal. Total 30 questions will be asked from each subject.
- Type of Questions: Objective type -Multiple Choice questions will be asked.
- Exam Duration: The exam duration will be 3 hours. 4 hours for candidates having 40% disability. It will be conducted in two sittings, i.e. 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM and 2:30 PM to 5:30 PM.
- Question Paper Medium: For all exam cities centres, the question paper medium is English and Hindi. Students filling the exam centres in Gujarat, Daman & Diu and Dadra and Nagar Havel cities have the option to opt the question paper in English, Hindi and Gujarati medium. Candidates have to exercise the option of question paper language at the time of filling the application form.
Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) MAIN will be conducted by the NTA from 2023 onwards. This Examination was being conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) till 2018.
JEE Main is applicable for admission to NITs, IIITs and CFTIs participating though Central Seat Allocation Board subject to the condition that the candidate should have secured at least 75% marks in the 12th class examination, or be in the top 20 percentile in the 12th class examination conducted by the respective Boards. For SC/ST candidates the qualifying marks would be 65% in the 12th class examination.
JEE Mains Notification – Eligibility Criteria:
Subject combinations required in the qualifying examination for admission to B.E./B.Tech. & B. Arch./B. Planning Courses in NITs, IIITs, and other CFTIs is as under:-
|Course||Required Criteria based on Class 12th / Equivalent qualifying Examination|
|B.E/B.TECH||Passed 10+2 examination with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the Chemistry/Biotechnology/Biology/ Technical Vocational subject.|
|B.ARCH./B.PLANNING||Passed 10+2 examination with Mathematics.|
The above mentioned policy could also be adopted by other Technical Institutions participating in counselling through JoSAA/CSAB. In case a State opts to admit students in the engineering Colleges affiliated to State Universities, the State may prepare separate rank list based on criteria decided by them.
JEE Mains Notification – Age Eligibility:
- The date of birth should fall on or after 1st October 1996.
- For SC/ST & PwD candidates, the DOB should fall on or after 1st October 1991.
- Candidates can attempt for maximum three times for the JEE main exam.
- Attempt limit is same for all the categories.
- For JEE Advanced, candidates can appear for maximum two consecutive years.
Important points to remember While filling the JEE Mains Application Form 2023:
- Requirement of Aadhaar card will be mandatory to fill the application.
- Candidates are required to apply online for JEE main 2023 exam.
- JEE Main application form 2023 will be released from 15th Dec 2022 (Jan exam).
- Candidates have to upload the scanned images of passport size photograph and signature of candidate & mother’s/father’s/guardian.
- Photograph dimension should be 3.5 x 4.5 cm and dimension of signature should be 3.5 x 1.5 cm.
- The images should be in JPG or JPEG format.
- Multiple applications from a single candidate will be rejected.
- There is no provision to send the hard copy of the application.
|Papers||Offline Exam||Online Exam|
|General/OBC||SC/ST/PwD/All Girls||General/OBC||SC/ST/PwD/All Girls|
|For Exam Centres in India|
|Paper 1 or 2||1000||500||500||250|
|Paper 1 and 2 both||1800||900||1300||650|
|For Exam Centres in Foreign Country|
|Paper 1 or 2||2500||1250||2500||1250|
|Paper 1 and 2 both||3800||1900||3800||1900|
Exam Pattern for JEE mains 2023:
The examination will comprise of two papers
Paper 1 (for B.E/B.Tech) and paper 2 (for B.Arch/B.Planing).
The detailed JEE Main exam pattern for both papers is mentioned below:
- Exam Mode: The examination will be organized in online (computer based) mode. The drawing test for Paper 2 will be conducted through offline mode.
- Type of Questions (Paper 1): The question paper will comprise of objective type questions.
- Type of Questions (Paper 2): Mathematics and aptitude section will be of objective type questions and drawing test will be subjective.
- Duration: The total exam duration will be three hours. The paper 1 will be conducted in two sittings, i.e. 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM and 2:30 PM to 5:30 PM. Paper 2 will be held in one shift only.
- Medium: The question paper will be asked in English and Hindi language for all exam cities and English, Hindi and Gujarati languages for exam cities in Gujarat, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli.
- Marks Criteria: Four marks will be provided for each correct answer.
- Negative Marks: One mark will be deducted for every incorrect answer.
JEE Mains Notification – Pattern for Paper 1 (BE/B.Tech):
|Subject||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
Pattern for Paper 2 (B.Arch/B.Plan):
|Subject||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
JEE Mains Syllabus 2023
The JEE Main syllabus will contain topics from the 11th and 12th class of CBSE, ICSE and other state boards. Syllabus for paper 1 will contain physics, chemistry and mathematics. The syllabus pdf will be available with the release of application form on official website.
JEE Mains Admit Card 2023
Below we have mentioned details about the JEE Main admit card 2023:
- Successfully registered candidates will be able to download the admit card via online mode.
- The authority also provide JEE Main slot booking facility along form filling.
- The admit card will be provided on Jan 2023 (for Jan session)
- For online mode exam, students can also book their slot.
- Candidates have to download it by entering their Application Number, Date of Birth and Security Code.
- If any discrepancy found in the JEE main hall ticket 2023, communicate to the JEE (Main) Secretariat/CBSE immediately.
- Candidates have to bring any one photo ID proof along with the admit card.
JEE mains 2023 Answer Key
- After the few days of completion of examination, the answer key will be published through the website. It will be released in the
month of Feb 2023.
- Candidates have to fill an online application and have to pay Rs. 1000/- per question to challenge the answer key. Fee payment can be done through debit/credit card. If candidates are not satisfied with the answer key they can challenge it.JEE Main answer key 2023 will be released along with
images of OMR sheets.
- JEE Main Result 2023
- Students who will appear in the exam can check the result within a month after the examination. Here we have mentioned details about the result date, mode, etc.
- JEE Main 2023 result will be provided on Feb 2023 for First session.
- Students will be able to check the result only through online mode.
- It will also comprise All India Rank and All India Category Rank.
- JEE Main score card will not be dispatched to candidates, it can be downloaded from official website
- 0.1 JEE Mains Notification 2023 applications for January (Session-1) April (Session-2)
- 0.2 JEE Mains January 2023:
- 0.3 JEE Mains Important Dates Jan 2023
- 0.4 Check the JEE Mains 2023 exam pattern for paper-1 and paper-2 from here:
- 1 IIT JEE mains Notification 2023
- 1.1 JEE Mains Notification – Eligibility Criteria:
- 1.2 JEE Mains Notification – Age Eligibility:
- 1.3 Attempt Limit:
- 1.4 Important points to remember While filling the JEE Mains Application Form 2023:
- 1.5 Exam Pattern for JEE mains 2023:
- 1.6 JEE Mains Notification – Pattern for Paper 1 (BE/B.Tech):
- 1.7 Pattern for Paper 2 (B.Arch/B.Plan):
- 2 JEE Mains Syllabus 2023
- 3 JEE Mains Admit Card 2023
- 4 JEE mains 2023 Answer Key