RRB NTPC Syllabus 2019 pdf: Every year the Indian Railways recruit several individuals for various job profiles with them. The recruitment is done through a written examination which is designed and supervised by the Railway Recruitment Board, also known as RRB. The board is also referred to as Railway Recruitment Cells or RRCs. There are two categories in which the exam is taken, one is the technical category and second is the non-technical popular category (NTPC).
RRB NTPC Syllabus 2019 pdf Download
The recruitment examination is divided into a total of four sections which are General Science, General Knowledge / Awareness, Reasoning and lastly Mathematics. These sections are divided into a number of different chapters as per the RRB NTPC syllabus 2019 designed by the RRB. The aspirants can get all the information related to RRB NTPC exams such as RRB NTPC Syllabus 2019, 2019 RRB NTPC Exam Pattern, RRB NTPC Exam Timings, RRB NTPC Exam Syllabus 2019 and similar other details. In order to prepare well for the NTPC 2019 examination, all aspirants need to stay updated with regards to all information related to the NTPC examination. Given below are the details pertaining to the RRB NTPC Syllabus 2019 & Exam Pattern 2019.
|Name of the Government organization||Railway Recruitment Board (RRB)|
|Name of the Recruitment Posts||Non-Technical Popular Category (NTPC)|
|RRB NTPC Exam Date (expected)||June – September 2019|
|Category of information||NTPC Syllabus|
RRB NTPC Exam 2019 Details
The exam is conducted in two stages; the first stage is known as prelims or preliminary exams and the second stage is known as mains. The first stage acts as a barrier for all those aspirants who have not prepared well and lack basic knowledge regarding the RRB NTPC exam. After clearing the NTPC mains exams, the candidate has to face a Typing Skill Test and a Computer-based Aptitude Test. Following these tests, there is Document Verification and Medical Examination as per the rules laid down by the RRB. Let us see in details the pattern of these first two written tests.
RRB NTPC Exam Pattern 2019
- RRB NTPC 1st Stage Prelims Exam Pattern 2019
|Name of the Section||No. of Questions||Total Duration|
|General Awareness||40||90 Minutes|
|Reasoning and General Intelligence||30|
The exam will comprise of –
- A total of 100 questions which are for 1 mark each.
- The total time given to solve all the questions will be 90 minutes only.
- There will a deduction of 1/3rd of the total marks, for every wrong answer.
RRB NTPC 2nd Stage Mains Exam Pattern 2019
|Section||No. of Questions||Total Duration|
|General Awareness||50||90 Minutes|
|Reasoning and General Intelligence||35|
The exam will comprise of the above three sections, similar to the prelims exam –
- There will be a total number of 120 questions having 1 mark each.
- The total time given will be 90 minutes.
- There will also be negative marking of 1/3 Mark for each wrong answer given.
RRB NTPC Syllabus 2019 Details
The exam syllabus for both the NTPC Prelims as well as Mains exam is the same. The only difference one can see between the two exams is the exam pattern. Given below is a detailed NTPC Syllabus 2019 for the Railway Non-Technical Exam 2019 –
Section 1 – Mathematics
- Number System
- Time and Work
- Time and Distance
- Lowest Common Multiple (LCM)
- Highest Common Factor (HCF)
- Ratio and Proportions
- Simple and Compound Interest
- Profit and Loss
- Elementary Algebra
- Elementary Statistics
Section 2 – Reasoning and General Intelligence
- Mathematical Operations
- Similarities and Differences
- Completion of Number and Alphabetical Series
- Coding and Decoding
- Analytical Reasoning
- Venn Diagrams
- Data Sufficiency
- Decision Making
- Interpretation of Graphs
- Statement- Courses of Action
Section 3 – General Awareness
- Indian Railways (Facts & Figures, History)
- Indian Economy
- Indian Geography
- Indian Polity
- Indian History
- Indian Culture & Heritage
- Current Affairs (National and International. Organizations, Person in News, Awards, Science & Technology, Deaths and Demises of famous persons, Sports, Government Policies etc.)
- Static Affairs (National and International, Organizations, Science & Technology, Yearbook, Awards & Honours, Days, Dates etc.)
You can download the RRB NTPC Syllabus 2019 pdf by clicking here.