GATE 2018 Admit Card Download : Yes from 5th January You Can Printout Gate 2018 Admission Cards from online. Here How to Download Gate 2018 Hall Tickets. Here is the article Describes how to Download it With Gate Login 2018 Portal. GATE or Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is a national level examination, which is organized by several IITs from all over India on a cycle basis.
In 2018, this exam will be organized by the IIT Guwahati, with the aim to provide admission to students in ME/M.Tech/Direct Ph.D., and many other similar programs. The GATE 2018 admit card will be released online on 5th January 2018.
GATE 2018 Admit Card Download
The GATE 2018 admit card / Gate 2018 Admission Cards shall be released by the authority on their official website http://gate.iitg.ac.in/. Candidates can download their respective admit cards from the GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) login as the admit card won’t be sent via email, post or any other process. The admit card can be download 5th January 2018 onwards. Candidates can download the admit card by entering the following details, Gate 2018 Hall tickets will be ready to download after 5th January 2018
- Their enrollment number.
- Date of Birth.
- Registration ID.
The admit 2018 Admission card contains the candidate and the exam center details such as name, roll number, category, father’s name, gender, exam date and time, exam center venue, etc. Candidates whose enrollment IDs are displayed on the website temporarily needs to carry the necessary documents and submit them to the authorities of the examination center.
Candidates should check their check their admit card carefully before printing them out. In case any error found in it, they should immediately report it to the center authority. The GATE admit card is valid only if it consists the candidate’s photograph and signature.
On the examination date, candidates are required to bring their valid address and identification proof, along with the GATE 2018 admit cards,
- PAN Card
- Voter ID
- Aadhaar UID
- Valid College ID
- Driving License
- Employee Identification Card
For international candidates, only a valid Government issued ID/Passport/Employee ID/College ID will be accepted as identification proof.
Important Dates of GATE Admit Card 2018 Releasing Date
|Events||GATE Admit Card 2018 Dates|
|Release of Admit Card||January 5, 2018|
|Last date to download the admit card||February 11, 2018|
|GATE 2018 Examination||February 3, 4, 10 and 11, 2017|
Gate Login 2018
Downloading the GATE 2018 admit card is very simple and an easy process. Candidates are required to follow the following steps to download it:
- Go to the official GATE website at http://gate.iitg.ac.in/.
- Click on the respective link referred to the GATE 2018 admit cards (link will be updated later).
- The GOAPS login window will appear separately on your computer screen.
- Enter your Enrollment ID, Registration ID, and Date of Birth.
- Click on the Submit button.
- The admit card will be vis
- ible on the computer screen.
- Download the admit card and keep a print out of it.
The window to download the GATE admit card looks like the image given below.
It should be carefully noted that the admit card should be taken only in a hard copy format along with at least one original photograph and a valid photo identity proof which was specified while filling up the application form.
What if you forget your enrollment ID or password?
In case the candidate forgets his/her enrollment ID or password, he/she should follow the instructions given below:
- Click on the ‘Forgot Enrollment ID or password’ button on the GOAPS login page.
- If you remember the enrollment ID/email address and forgotten your password, then click on the ‘Request for an OTP’ option.
- If you already got your OTP, then click on ‘Already have an OTP?’ to reset the password.
- Submit the details after that.
The list of documents that candidates should carry in the test center is,
- A hard copy of the GATE 2018 admit
- A valid photo identity proof such as passport, voter ID, college ID, employee ID, aadhar UID or driving license.
The admit card should be submitted whenever asked. After the GATE 2018 exam is successfully conducted, the answer key of GATE 2018 will be published officially by the IITs or IISCs.
Another thing candidates should note that, 25 minutes after the examination commences, the center gate shall be closed. Therefore, it is requested to reach the center as early as possible before it starts.
The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) 2018 exam
The GATE paper consists of 85 marks per subject and the General Aptitude (GA) section for 15 marks. Both the subjects are mandatory to attempt. The center will give you 180 minutes to complete the papers. The question paper consists of multiple choice questions and numeric answer type. The multiple choice questions will give you four choices- A, B, C and D, out of which only one of correct.
You need to attempt all the questions, and for any wrong answer, you will receive negative marks. For the multiple choice questions, a wrong answer will deduct 1/3 marks for a 1 mark question and 2/3 marks for a 2 mark question.
Additional information on the GATE 2018 exam
Candidates will be provided a scribble paper by the examiner during the exam to do the rough works. However, the candidate shall have to return the scribble pad after the examination is over.
No candidate will be allowed to leave the examination hall during the exam for any reason. They can only leave after their paper is submitted.
Candidates are not allowed carry certain items inside the examination hall such as physical calculator, mobile phones, electronic wristwatch, charts/tables/papers, etc.
For the numeric answer questions of 1 or 2 marks, the answer is to be written using the virtual keypad. For this type of questions, no options will be given.
Instructions to candidate for appearing in the GATE 2018 exam
- Candidates have to report 60 minutes prior the commencement of the exam.
- No candidates will be allowed to enter the examination hall after 9.30AM and 2.30PM after the exam commences.
- It is mandatory to carry a valid GATE 2018 admit card on the exam day, or else they are not allowed to appear in the examination.
- Candidates have to carry the admit card along with a valid ID proof.
- The photo ID proof that the candidate is carrying should match the details mentioned on the admit card.
- No candidate will be permitted after the prescribed reporting time.
- No candidate will be allowed to leave the examination hall during the exam.
- In the examination, only the GATE 2018 admit cards, photo identity card, and the pen is permitted to be taken.
- Wristwatch, calculator, mobile phone, papers, etc. are not allowed to carry inside the examination hall.
GATE 2018 syllabus
The GATE 2018 syllabus is officially available, and each subject’s syllabus differentiates from one another. Therefore, candidates should download and refer only to the GATE 2018 subject for which they have applied for.
Correction in the GATE 2018 application form
In case you need to correct certain fields in the GATE 2018 application form, you can do it as per the guidelines laid down by IIT Guwahati. The details on form correction are mentioned below:
- You can send an email to zonal GATE office to request for correction or modification in name, date of birth, parent’s name or degree.
- Secondly, IIT Guwahati has opened GOAPS for a limited period of change in category, gender, PWD status.
- An additional fee is applicable for gender, category and PWD status alteration.
GATE 2018 Admit Cards Download
Since the application submission is over, candidates are waiting for the release of GATE 2018 admit card:
- The release date of GATE 2018 admit card is on 5th January 2018 as per the information from the official brochure.
- It is the sole responsibility of IIT Guwahati to release the GATE 2018 admit card.
- The admit card may be available online only, and it won’t be sent via post or any other means. Candidates can download it via GOAPS login.
- The GATE 2018 admit cards should be printed on an A4 size paper using a laser printer, preferably color.
Recommended books for the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) 2018 exam
The following books are recommended for the GATE 2018 exam:
- Mechanical Engineering Solved Papers
- Computer Science and IT Engineering Solved Papers
- Guide Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Civil Engineering Solved Papers
- Electrical Engineering Solved Papers
- Engineering Mathematics
GATE 2018 Results and Scorecard
The GATE 2018 results will be declared on the official GOAPS website. Candidates who have appeared in the GATE 2018 exam can check their results using their GOAPS enrollment ID and password. The result will be declared on March 17, 2018, however, it may appear one day earlier to the assigned date.
The qualifying cut off score is fixed by IITs on the basis of exam difficulty level, average candidate performance, and minimum expectations. Candidates can download the scorecard and participate in IITs GATE counseling and CCMT counseling for admission. The GATE 2018 score card is valid for 3 years from the date of issuance.
GOAPS or GATE Online Application Processing System is a portal where candidates apply, download admit card, and check their result. They can also check their application status. Their enrolment ID, registration ID, and date of birth (DOB) are the required credentials for GOAPS. For the GATE 2018 exam, GOAPS is at IIT Guwahati website of GATE exam at http://gate.iitg.ac.in/.
GATE statistics in the past years
|Year||Candidates Registered||Candidates Appeared||Candidates Qualified||% appeared||% qualified|
GATE application form 2018
The GATE 2018 application form was released in the GOAPS official website. Candidates entered their name, date of birth, mobile number, parent’s name, parent’s mobile number, and address and education details in the GATE application form. Each candidate had to pay a fee of Rs. 750 belonging to SC/ST/PWD category, and the rest had to pay Rs. 1500 using net banking/credit card/ debit card.
If the examination center is opted outside India, then the application fee is $50 in Addis Ababa, Colombo, Dhaka, and Kathmandu, and $100 for Dubai and Singapore. Candidates need not required to send any hard copy of the application form, and the entire system was online. Their application status is displayed in the portal after submission of the form.
Eligibility for GATE 2018 exam
Candidates must check GATE 2018 eligibility criteria before applying. Those who have any of the following degrees can apply for GATE 2018.
- BE / B.Tech / B.Pharma 4 years after 10+2 or 3 years after B.Sc/ Diploma in engineering
- Sc (Research) / B.S.
- Sc / MA / MCA or equivalent master’s degree in any branch of science / mathematics / statistics / computer applications or equivalent
- Integrated ME / M.Tech post B.Sc
- Integrated M.Sc or Integrated BS-MS
- Professional society exams that are equivalent to BE / B.Tech / B.Arch
Also, note that there is no age limit to appear in the GATE 2018 exam. The year of qualifying exam should not be later than 2018 for BE / B.Tech / B.Pharm / B.Arch / B.Sc Research / B.S. / M.Sc / MA / MCA / Integrated M.Sc / Integrated BS-MS. The year of the qualifying exam should be no later than 2019 for Integrated ME / M.Tech of Dual Degree after Diploma or 10+2, and 2020 for Integrated ME / M.Tech post-B.Sc.
If you have any query or suggestion on the GATE 2018 exam, then please comment below. manabadi.co would like to answer your Questions
All The Best For your Results From Manabadi
- 1 GATE 2018 Admit Card Download
- 1.1 Important Dates of GATE Admit Card 2018 Releasing Date
- 1.2 Gate Login 2018
- 1.3 What if you forget your enrollment ID or password?
- 1.4 The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) 2018 exam
- 1.5 Additional information on the GATE 2018 exam
- 1.6 Instructions to candidate for appearing in the GATE 2018 exam
- 1.7 GATE 2018 syllabus
- 1.8 Correction in the GATE 2018 application form
- 2 GATE 2018 Admit Cards Download