GATE 2019 Notification: Registration, Application Form, Exam Dates, Syllabus For Gate 2019 Exam Details– IITM is arranging the GATE 2019 And Notifications Has been Released (Madras) (Indian Institute of Technology) Exams on 2nd, 3rd, 9th and 10th February 2019 in an online mode for 24 papers. The gate 2019 is a national level examination for postgraduates who aspire to take admissions into M.Tech/M.E as well as Ph.D. programmes at IISc, IITs, NITs, GFTIS and various more Universities and colleges in India. Seven IITs and IISc Bangalore jointly conduct the gate exam on behalf of NCB (National Coordination Board) – GATE.
GATE 2019 Notification: Registration, Application Form, Exam Dates, Syllabus Etc
Candidates can select only a single GATE paper for examination. The scorecard of the gate exam has a validity period of total three years from the announcement date of gate results for admission in M.Tech. Gate score can also be used in the recruitment process of PSUs who offer interviews depending upon gate score.
On July 6, 2018, the official notification released for Gate-2019. The Gate 2019 Application form will be available as of September 1, 2018. The exam is going to be conducted across six major cities abroad and in 200 cities across India. The ranks and scores of the students in the Gate-2019 solely depend upon the performance of candidates in the exam. As there is no common counseling process, the candidates can apply through CCMT for NITs and GATE COAP for IITs.
[ Also Read:: Gate 2019 Registration Process ]
Read the full article for all details about Gate 2019, notification, registration, application form, exam dates as well as other details.
GATE 2019 Exam overview
|Examination Name||GATE- 2019 Graduate aptitude test in engineering|
|Institute conducting||IIT, Madras|
|Purpose of the exam||Admission into M.Tech or M.E or Ph.D. or recruitment in PSU|
|Mode of examination||Online|
|Gate 2019 Exam Date||2nd, 3rd, 9th and 10th February 2019|
|Administered by||Jointly conducted by seven IITs and IISc Bangalore|
|Exam duration||180 minutes|
|Total number of papers||24|
|Number of questions||65|
|Score Validity||3 years|
|Average candidates applying for GATE||About 9 lakhs|
|Official website for Gate-2019||Gate.iitm.ac.in|
What’s new In Gate 2019?
In GATE-2019 a new paper is introduced which is “Statistics.” The paper code is “ST.” The candidates can apply online even after the last date of applying for an extended period. The candidates will have to pay a late fee of Rs.500 if candidates apply after September 21, 2018, and October 1, 2018. Candidates that are appearing the GATE-2019 at foreign centers will have to pay USD 20 as late fee.
GATE 2019 registration
The first step for candidates aiming to appear Gate-2019 is registration. They can do the registration through GOAPS for gate-2019. There are some details to be submitted including name, mobile number, and valid email id. The candidates will get a generated enrolment number after registering. And also for log-in in future, the candidates have to provide a password. After registration, the candidates will move on to the application form filling process.
[ Also Read:: RRB Group D Admit Card 2018 Download ]
Application form for GATE-2019
The IIT Madras releases the application form for GATE-2019 on September 1, 2018. The registration and application form filling process can be done through GOAPS or GATE online application processing system. September 21, 2018, is the final date for submitting the application form. But the candidates can still apply after September 1, 2018, till October 1, 2018, by depositing a late fee.
The below steps can be followed by candidates for applying for GATE-2019.
- Registration –
The first step is registration whose details are mentioned above.
- Filling the application form –
The next step for the candidates is to fill the application form. The candidates have to give in some personal info, contact, academic, valid photo id and college info. The applicants will also have to select the GATE paper as well as suitable exam centers. The candidates can choose three cities as exam centers. The candidates will also have to fill an id number from any of the following id proofs like Aadhaar card, college id, employee id, driving license, passport, voter id or pan card.
- Image upload –
The candidates will have to upload scanned images of photograph, category certificate, signature, dyslexia certificate and certificate of qualifying degree according to authority mentioned specification. It is to be noted that the category certificate and dyslexia certificate are only to be uploaded only if applicable.
The scanned image of the photograph should not more than the size 480×640 pixels and should not be less than 240×320 pixels, and the dimension should be 3.5cmx4.5cm. The scanned image of the signature should not be more than 160x 560 pixels and should be less than 80×280 pixels, and the dimension should be 2cmx7cm.
- Payment –
After that, the candidates will have to do the payment online that is through net banking or credit card or debit card. The fee is non-transferable and non-refundable.
- Application form submission –
After following all the above processes and completing them correctly the candidates can submit the filled application form. There is no need for candidates to send a hardcopy to officials; however, keeping a print copy of the application form for future references is wise.
[ Also Read:: 2019 Gate Exam Syllabus ]
GATE-2019 Important Dates Related to the exam date
|Event Name||Event Date|
|Application form opening of GATE-2019||September 1, 2018|
|Last date for application submission||September 21, 2018|
|Last date for submission with late fee||October 1, 2018|
|Last date for change of examination city||November 3rd week 2018|
|The release of mock test||November 3rd week 2018|
|Download of admit card starts||January 4, 2019|
|GATE-2019 test||February 2, 3, 9 and 10, 2019|
|The release of answer key||Few days after the exam|
|Results announcement||March 16, 2019|
|The release of scorecard||March 20, 2019, to March 31, 2019|
|Start of counseling||From April 1st week|
GATE-2019 Application Fee Structure
|Category||Application fees before or on September 21, 2018||Application fees for the extended period till October 31, 2018|
|Category- Male (general or OBC) and others||Rs.1500||Rs.2000|
|SC or PwD or ST and women of all categories||Rs.750||Rs.1250|
|International students of Singapore and Dubai||$100 USD||$120 USD|
|International students including Addis, Colombo, Ababa, Kathmandu and Dhaka||$50 USD||$70 USD|
Application correction for GATE-2019
The application correction may be allowed by IIT Madras from 2nd week to 3rd week off in November 2018. This will allow the registered candidates to change some of the information submitted earlier. First, the applicants will have to be logged in to their GOAPS account. The candidates have to pay some money for making changes in the application form. It is to be noted that all details won’t be available for changing or correction so the candidates should fill up the GATE-2019 application form correctly in the first try only.
Exam centers for GATE-2019
Candidates will be asked to fill up three cities as exam centers. There are a total of 8 zonal centers announced by IIT Madras which include:
- IISc Bangalore
- IIT Delhi
- IIT Bombay
- IIT Guwahati
- IIT Kharagpur
- IIT Kanpur
- IIT Madras
- IIT Roorkee
Eligibility criteria for GATE-2019
Before applying for gate-2019, the candidates should first check the eligibility criteria for GATE-2019.
Age criteria- For GATE-2019 there is no age limit for applying.
Nationality- Indian national as well as foreign national candidates are eligible for applying.
Criteria for qualification
|Qualification||Description||Eligible candidates||Year of passing|
|BE or B.Tech or B.Pharm||Bachelor degree holder of 4 years in technology or engineering after 10+2
Bachelor degree holder of 3 years in diploma in technology or engineering after B.Sc
|Already completed or in the final year||2019|
|B.S or B.Sc (research)||Bachelor degree of 4 years in science after 10+2
bachelor degree in science after diploma
|Already completed or in the final year||2019|
|B.Arch||Bachelor degree holder of 5 years in Architecture||Already completed or in the final year||2019|
|M.Sc/MCA/MA or equivalent||Master degree in any stream of science or statistics or mathematics or computer applications or equivalent||Already completed or in the final year||2019|
|Integrated M.Tech or ME or post-B.Sc||Post B.Sc master degree of 4 years in technology or engineering programme||Already completed or in 2nd or 3rd or 4th year.||2021|
|Integrated BS-MS or M.Sc||5 years of integrated BS-MS programme or integrated M.Sc||Already completed or in the final year||2019|
|Dual degree or integrated M.Tech or M.E||Dual degree or integrated master degree programme of 5 years in technology or engineering||Already completed or in 4th or 5th year.||2019|
|Professional society exams||Equivalent exams of B.Tech or BE or B.Arch arranged by professional societies recognized by UPSC or MHRD or AICTE||Section A completed or equivalent||NA|
GATE 2019- Exam Pattern
The candidates should follow the below-mentioned information to get well recognizable with the GATE-2019 exam pattern. This can help the candidates about the duration, mode of exam, question nature and, more.
- The mode of gate-2019 is an online or computer-based exam.
- The total duration of the exam is 3 hours.
- Total numbers of papers in the GATE-2019 are 24 papers.
- The GATE-2019 has 2 sections: one is GA or general aptitude and another is candidate selected subject.
- The natures of questions in GATE-2019 are of two types which are MCQ and NAT.
- The question paper consists of a total of 65 questions in which 10 questions are based on General Aptitude.
- The questions in the GATE-2019 are designed mainly to test abilities like recall, application, comprehension, analysis, and synthesis.
- The question distribution except for AR, EY, CY, GG, PH, MA, and XL: 15 marks for engineering mathematics, for general aptitude 15 marks and 70 marks for technical questions.
- The total marks for GATE-2019 is 100.
- Each question can be worth one or two marks.
- For each wrong answer of one mark questions, will be deducted 1/3 marks and for 2 mark questions, ½ marks will be deducted.
Syllabus for GATE 2019
The syllabus for each paper of GATE-2019 will be released by the authority conducting the exam in a PDF format. The syllabuses are:
- GA or general aptitude- Numerical ability and verbal ability.
- AE or aerospace engineering- engineering mathematics, space dynamics, flight mechanics, aerodynamics, propulsion, structures.
- AR or planning and architecture – architecture and design, construction and management, building materials, structure, and building. Environmental design and planning etc.
- AG or agricultural engineering- engineering mathematics, farm power, farm machinery, water and soil conservation engineering, drainage and irrigation engineering, etc.
- BT or biotechnology- engineering mathematics, recombinant DNA tech, general biotechnology, animal and plant biotechnology, etc.
- CH or chemical engineering- engineering mathematics, thermodynamics and process calculation, mechanical operations and fluid mechanics, etc.
- CE or civil engineering- engineering mathematics, geotechnical engineering, structural engineering, etc.
- CS or Information technology and computer science – engineering mathematics, computer organization and architecture, digital logic, data structures and programming etc.
- CY or chemistry- physical chemistry, organic and inorganic chemistry.
- EE or electrical engineering- engineering mathematics, electromagnetic fields, electric circuits, signals, and systems etc.
- EC or electrical and communication engineering- engineering mathematics, signals and systems, networks, electronic devices, digital circuits, analog circuits etc.
- EY or ecology or evolution- ecology, behavioral ecology, mathematics and quantitative ecology etc.
- IN or Instrumentation engineering- engineering mathematics, signals and systems, electrical circuits, control systems etc.
- GG or geophysics and geology – common section including earth and planetary system, soil and weathering formation etc, geology and geophysics.
- ME or mechanical engineering-engineering mathematics, fluid mechanics, applied mechanics, and design etc.
- MA or mathematics- linear algebra, real analysis, complex analysis, algebra, numerical analysis, functional analysis etc.
- MT or metallurgical engineering- engineering mathematics, extractive metallurgy, thermodynamics and rate processes etc.
- MN or mining engineering- engineering mathematics, geomechanics and ground control, mine surveying and development etc.
- PE or petroleum engineering- linear algebra, oil and gas well testing, petroleum formation evaluation.
2019 GATE Cut-off
The GATE-2019 cut off marks will be announced by conducting authorities after the process of result announcement for admission. According to papers, the cut off will be published. The cut off varies depending upon the category of the candidate applying for GATE-2019.
- 1 GATE 2019 Notification: Registration, Application Form, Exam Dates, Syllabus Etc
- 1.1 GATE 2019 Exam overview
- 1.2 GATE 2019 registration
- 1.3 Application form for GATE-2019
- 1.4 GATE-2019 Important Dates Related to the exam date
- 1.5 GATE-2019 Application Fee Structure
- 1.6 Exam centers for GATE-2019
- 1.7 Eligibility criteria for GATE-2019
- 1.8 GATE 2019- Exam Pattern
- 1.9 Syllabus for GATE 2019
- 1.10 2019 GATE Cut-off